Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Just One - The Heart

Beginnings.

A few days ago I wrote about "Just One."  I confess it was done in a sarcastic mode and with a resentful tone.  As I've continued to enjoy Aruba, God worked me out of my funk.  Being a "Just One" is not a terrible way to go through life.  In the days since I wrote, the world around me showed me the beauty of the "Just One"(s).  I'm doubtful the book idea, even with the new theme, would go anywhere.  Therefore, as the "Just One" moments reveal themselves to me, I will share with all of you.

The Heart

Last night, I returned to my hotel room and found Housekeeping decorated my room.  A heart - shaped from a towel and accented with silk roses and petals.  I confess my first thought was dripping with sarcasm, "Wonder if they know something I don't know, since I'm a "just one" in Aruba."  Sigh.  My inner voice called to me, "Snap out of it, girl!"

I pondered the heart through the evening.  A heart.  Simple. The thought behind the gesture - beautiful. And then I realized that for me this heart is an even bigger reminder.  Emily is loved - by friends, family, and more importantly by the Most High God.  I am a "Just One."  None like me.  Unique.  A child of God.  Daughter of the King.  Beloved. 


From "Just One"
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment