Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bucket List: Buy A Car by Myself

Strike this off the bucket list - buying a car by myself.  Today, this was accomplished.  Balding Civic was traded in for a 2012 Ford Fusion.  I didn't haggle as much as probably I should, but I got more money than expected on my trade in, I am below the monthly payment target I set for myself, and my cover has excellent coverage - warranties and maintenance for several years.  Oh and 0% APR and now down payment - Ford is making way for the 2013 model.

I felt like crying a little when I drove away and left Balding Civic parked by the curb.  14 years old in June, 215,990 miles!  Oh my.  Road trips, commutes (I do not miss the I-15 corridor), traffic jams, long drives without cruise control, and the mini-road trip with the Martinelli kids asking about the funny knob things in the back (aka the handles to roll down the windows!)

Thank you, Balding Civic, for the memories!

The Bucket List

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Em! My Saturn is 14 years old as of this month with 145,000 miles, electric locks don't work, interior lining is sagging, one electric window broken and more scratches than one can count -- but my a/c still works and I have a new clutch! Enjoy your new ride and happy driving!

    ReplyDelete