Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Diet - Food Style Change

Tuesday evening this week I attended a class - a weight loss program at my gym.  My doctor recommended strongly that I join some program in order to lose weight and reduce my cholesterol.  It took me a few months to come to terms with the fact that I had to do this, make a dramatic change in my eating habits.  So, I joined the HMR program.  http://www.baptistmilestone.com/weight-loss/

Phase 1 is 13 weeks.  3 Shakes, 2 Entrees (made by HMR), and min of 5 fruits and veggies.  Believe you me, I am eating more than 5 fruits and veggies.  You want all the food you can get.  No breads, no sugar, minimal caffeine, and stay in the box - no cheating!!  It is about 1250 calories.  I can drink more of the shakes if I'm hungry.  The goal is to break the bad habits, and dig right in to teaching your body not to crave unhealthy food. 

It is a regime change for me.  No to much a diet, but rather a Food Style change.  After 20+ years of eating what I wanted, it is time for self-control. 

This will not be easy.  But, I know it is time.  Join me in praying for strength and endurance!  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment