Friday, July 6, 2012

The Bucket List

So, I've been thinking about Bucket Lists lately.  No nothing terrible is going on.  I am just more of a talker/ planner instead of a doer. I want to change -  to switch from being a talker only.  Making "to do" lists help me stay on track at work, and I figured a bucket list would serve the same purpose in my personal life.

The List (subject to change - removals and additions)
  • Hike Half Dome in Yosemite
  • Get a tattoo
  • Check out the TT race in person on the Isle of Man (I just watched an HBO special and HOLY SMOKES this is something I need to see in person)
  • Spend a week in Paris (perhaps after the TT race????)
  • Take a cruise starting in Portugal with ports of call throughout the Mediterranean (This is my DREAM vacation)
  • See the Nutcracker Ballet with a LIVE Orchestra
  • Experience a play on Broadway
  • New Years Eve in New York City
  • New Years Eve someplace exotic (destination TBD)
  • Drink Guinness at the source in Ireland
  • Go to a classic rock concert (could I travel back in time to the late 80s??)
  • Fall in love with the right guy
  • Vacation on Turtle Island
  • Buy a new car by myself (silly, perhaps, but I am intimidated by doing this on my own)
    • COMPLETED July 7, 2012! 2012 Ford Fusion (The Silver Knight)
  • Lose 135-150lbs (there - it is out there in black and white).  Goal weight 140-155lb
  • Start, own, and run my own consulting business - Goal:  Helping American Manufacturing compete on a global level.  (Yes, I believe it is possible.  Everything DOES NOT need to move offshore.)
  • Own my own house
  • Find an artistic outlet I love
  • Learn to Box (Actually in process)
  • Ride rapids (preferably in some type of boat)
  • Hot Air Balloon Ride
  • Wear a bikini (just once - with my fair skin someone will have to COAT me in sunscreen)
  • Teach business strategy (goes with the consulting business)
  • Visit a rainforest and ride one of those ziplines
  • More to come . . . 

1 comment:

  1. Em, that is a great list!
    I'm inspired.
    Love from,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete