Sunday, November 7, 2010

Shades of Color

Purple toes, yellow flowers, blue tree . . . shades of color are filling my weekend. Last night I pulled out a fresh canvas and painted. Today, I treated my myself to a pedicure.

I haven't painted in over a year. I do not consider myself an artist, but I love the process of mixing colors to get a specific shade. Last night I played with my Acrylics. Less smelly than oils, but I prefer the thickness of the oil medium. My best color of the night was a reddish brown (created through brown, orange, and touches of red and yellow). I started the night off painting flowers. That was a joke. The flowers are acceptable, but the stems looked like green finger streaks. Now the canvas is a mixture of my colors - yellowish flowers and a blueish tree set against the background of a gorgeous brown (auburn?). I fully admit I'm not going to win any awards, but painting brings me a simple joy.

For the pedicure . . . the toes are purple - not just any purple - a sparkly purple. The last time I tried purple, my toes looked black. This shade of purple is MUCH MUCH better. When the sunlight hits them they twinkle. Even got a flower painted on each big toe. Pedicures are one of my comforts. I like my toes looking good. They make me smile.

These shades of color brightened my weekend. I needed the colorful weekend. My week ended roughly, so my mind, body and soul were encouraged and refreshed through my artistic endeavor and an hour of pampering.

What shades of color filled your life this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment