Friday, February 18, 2011

Louisville - Week 1

This is my first official post from Louisville, Kentucky. I sit on my striped coach in the Homewood Suites watching Truman Show and writing. This week didn't begin as I expected. I arrived Wednesday night, picked up the car, hauled the suitcases, checked in to the hotel, unpacked the bags, climbed into bed, and spent the rest of the night coughing and groaning. Spent Thursday and most of Friday in bed with the flu - 101.7 fever, aches, coughs, runny nose, and those delightfully entertaining fever dreams. Haven't been that sick in a LONG time. I wish it had picked another time besides day 1 and 2 on the job :o)

So, since Wednesday, I've figured out which side of the couch is most comfortable (right side), was reminded how expensive Whole Foods is (missing Trader Joe's already), utilized a whole box of kleenex by myself, and returned the rental car to exchange it for another - check engine light came on.

The good news is I now feel I'm returning to normal. :o) Went to a movie tonight. Saw No Strings Attached - not recommended, but the soft pretzel was tasty. I did, however, manage to embarrass myself. While placing the cup of Sprite into the cup holder, I managed to squeeze off the lid and out spurted Sprite onto the floor. Fortunately, no one was sitting in the vicinity of the "Sprite Wave." A classic move.

Tomorrow - more exploring of Louisville, seeing a property in the Highlands, reading the relocation package details (makes my head hurt just trying to figure out the details), probably a nap, and then perhaps Pasta for dinner.

Off to bed . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Emily, it will get better! What a super adventure to start out in a new place! Keep blogging I enjoy reading your news!!!
    Love ya,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete