Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Joys

As I write this post, I sit curled up in my living room chair. Munching on pretzels. Watching a movie. The date is Saturday, December 11. Christmas is officially two weeks from today. That's right readers, only 13 shopping days left. I am pleased to announce (brag??) that I finished 99% of my shopping. Woohoo.

Christmas is honestly my favorite time of year. So many memories are associated with Christmas. Here are some favorites:
- 2010: My brother, Micah, is home from Afghanistan. Can't wait to see him. (I know it's not really a memory, but I know it will eventually make my top 10 list!)
- 198x?: We all got bikes. I loved my brown 3 speed bike. It took me on many an adventure. Including the dramatic fall in Yosemite, which scarred my perfect legs :o)
- 1986: My brother, Matthew, was born. My bookend. December 19th. I was 11.
- 2008: A Christmas Day walk in the rain with a special someone. (God had other plans, but I still smile when I think of that Christmas. And the earrings make it impossible to forget.)
- 199x?: Papa finally agreed to buy my brothers a Nintendo. Resounding cheers filled the house when they figured out the message from the clues they unwrapped.

People speak of traditions during this time of year. Mine seem to vary. However, there are some things which don't changed.
- Purchase and decorate a real tree. (Finished)
- Decorate the house (Finished - Bells, wreaths, bears, and candles are all out.)
- Watch Christmas Story (Laughed my way through it last night!)
- Watch It's a Wonderful Life (Pending)
- Watch White Christmas (Pending - Note: I have to fast forward through many of the dance scenes. They just go on FOREVER.)
- Watch Christmas in Connecticut (Pending)
- Eat Papa's Christmas Breakfast (Christmas Day)
- Eat Mama's Sticky Buns (Christmas Day)
- Traditional Schnarr Christmas Dinner - Carne Asada (Christmas Day)
- Shop the After Christmas Sales (This is when I buy my ornaments and next year's wrapping paper and Christmas Cards.)

These things are my Christmas Joys. Memories, Family, and good times.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment