Sunday, April 17, 2011

I LOVE SPRING

This blog is sadly lacking something . . . PICTURES! Spring is literally blooming all around me in Louisville. I know we Southern Californians like to believe we have seasons. But, let me be the first to tell you - we really don't have spring.

Here in Louisville - trees, bushes, and flowers are blooming. It is a cacophony of color. Words are insufficient. Pictures would be better, but I can't find my transfer cable thingy which lets me move pictures from the camera to my computer.

I walked today in Seneca Park, which is at the far eastern end of a larger park called Cherokee Park. Seneca Park is ringed by a path intended only for walkers or runners. Nothing on wheels. So, one's stroll/ power walk/ running stride is not interrupted by the call of "On your left!" The loop is 1.2 miles. I walked two times. Enjoying sunshine, breeze, the sounds of voices, and watching the various sports in play on the field. The sports were quite diverse - LaCrosse (I think this might be a big deal out here. I'm going to have to figure out the rules.), Kick Ball (yes, even I was surprised to see adults playing), Flag football, Soccer practice, and tennis.

Spring makes each day wonderful. I sense, though, a need to enjoy the weather when it is nice. Rain and wind occur frequently in the spring. Followed by HEAT and HUMIDITY in summer.

Loving Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment