Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tornado Warning - Basement Dweller

I'm sitting on the cold floor of my basement. I'm thinking I really should get a folding chair down here. And some blankets in a storage bin. I hauled the one off my master bed, but the floor is not exactly clean. So, I'm experiencing my first Tornado Warning in my new home. My new emergency public alert radio is programmed to warn me of specific weather events - flood, fire, tornado, hurricane, etc.

So, as I write this blog, I have 41 more minutes to go until the Tornado Warning "expires." No sirens sounding in the Louisville area, which means there isn't one sighted in the area. In case you were curious: A tornado watch is just to let folks know to be on the lookout for a possible tornado in the area whereas a Tornado Warning is a notification that a tornado has been seen or picked up by radar.

I know this is a boring blog, but it's my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment