Sunday, July 31, 2011

Champaign and Martinellis

Summer road trip. Louisville to Champaign, Illinois and back again. What's in Champaign? Well, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is the Twin Cities after all. More importantly, it was where I was meeting the Martinelli family for the weekend.

The Martinellis are friends from California. They serve in Campus Crusade for Christ. I spent Thanksgivings, dinners, game nights, Community Group, birthday parties, and countless hours with David, Diane, and their kids. I've missed them all. It was such a joy to be with them.

Memorable events: Conversation, playing school, Ms. PacMan Tournament (I ROCKED!!!), fellowship, giving winning Birthday presents (you never know with a 11 year old and 9 year old - I haven't been those ages in a LONG time!), laughter, and encouragement.

The journey home was much slower. Leaving loved ones and heading into a BUSY work week. The traffic on I-65 didn't help either - yes, there was traffic. Accident slowed us all down to a 2 mile/ hour CRAWL. Took an extra hour to get home.

Sweet memories. Champaign and Martinells.

No comments:

Post a Comment