Sunday, March 27, 2011

Snow and Moving


Well, I experienced my first spring snow. I found this image online. I seem to have forgotten my camera cable to be able to upload pictures from my camera. Snow in March came as a shock. Especially, since 5 days ago it was 75 degrees and the flowers and trees were in bloom. I must say, though, watching the flakes drift from the sky to the ground - it was beautiful. And it is ALL melted now, except for a few spots in the shade.

This weekend I read. I felt like I'd been wasting my brain on TV, so I decided to read. Just finished The Distant Hours by Kate Morton. The local Borders was having a closing sale, so I was able to purchase the hardback book at a discount. I had read her novel, The Forgotten Garden. She is a bit of a formulaic writer. She blends past and present and her stories seem to always involve a mystery of some kind. But, I'll give her this credit, her endings are not ones I would anticipate, so she keeps me guessing.

I move this next week. Yep. It is official. The packers come on Tuesday to box up my personal belongings. The movers will show up either on Wednesday or Thursday.
Yes, you read that correctly. The movers gets a two day window. Supposedly, they will confirm their actual pick up date on Tuesday. The movers will come and pick up the furniture and the boxes on one of those days and then they head east to Louisville. My poor brother (and current roommate) will be without furniture. He was trying to figure out a way to schedule his own furniture delivery, but since I don't know until Tuesday, he can't really schedule any deliveries. So, he will be without furniture for a few days - sorry Bro!!!
On Thursday, at some point (again depending on when the movers show and how long it will take them to pack up the truck), my mom and leave on our road trip from Vista to Louisville. YEAH! Our stopping points are Flagstaff, Albuquerque, Amarillo, Springfield (Missouri), and then Louisville. Of course, we are going to beat the moving truck. The delivery window is April 7th through 9th. 3 days! Lucky them :o)


Thanks to the following sites for the use of their images
Spring Snow: http://blog.loaz.com/media/blogs/timwang/ubc-spring-snow-flower.jpg
Moving Day: http://www.therealestateblogster.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/moving-day.jpg

Road Trip: http://www.gpb.org/files/RoadTrip.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment