Saturday, October 23, 2010

Annoying Cold

Where did this cold come from? Felt fine and then wham last night - drippy nose, headache, and sore throat. I went to bed early, hoping that would encourage the cold bug to go away. It didn't work. I think I ended up with fever dreams - and proceeded to wake up every 2.5 hours like clockwork. (Whine.)

My disappointment stems from the fact (or at least my opinion) that I had good plans for the weekend. Breakfast with my sister, brother and nephew. Then a walk, talk, and dinner with a friend. Out of kindness to them, I stayed away. Didn't figure I should share the cold (I'm nice that way.) So, instead I drank mint tea, took a nap, read a book, and am now staring mindlessly at the TV while an NCIS Marathon flashes across the screen.

Here's hoping the cold is short lived and I'm back to normal soon. (Which of courses raises the philosophical question - What is normal anyway?)

No comments:

Post a Comment