Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Birds and Rain

It rained today. I know, SHOCKING! It is actually still raining as I sit inside typing my random thoughts for the evening. I was in Torrance to visit a supplier and this necessitated driving home in POURING rain. I ran the windshield wipers for the whole commute back home - 2 hours. I can't even remember the last time we saw rain in this amount.

But my whole point in even writing, is to talk about the birds. I saw birds flying in the rain - Seagulls, Ravens/ Blackbirds, and Pigeons. What's up with that? Perhaps on their own equivalent of a commute home? Or just out letting the rain pour over and refresh them?

I was inspired by the birds. Out facing the elements. Not allowing the rain to interfere with getting from point A to B. Some of them even appeared to be simply soaring with the currents. So, why do we hunker down and try to dodge BETWEEN the rain drops? Take a moment, and walk in the rain. Let it refresh you.

Enjoy.

1 comment: