Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Morning Oatmeal

I am not a breakfast eater. (Yes, I already hear the voices reminding me, "Breakfast is THE most important meal of the day.) It's not that I don't like breakfast. I just typically prefer the extra 20 minutes of sleep. The truth is breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out. When I do make breakfast it is simple - toast, cheese and fruit, smoothie, etc. So, to eat out where someone makes a full meal for me is a treat!

Today, I'm home resting. Trying to fight off this cold before the work week starts. Since I wasn't rushing off to church, I took the time to make oatmeal. Growing up, Oatmeal was one of those comfort meals. We always made quite a production out of Oatmeal for Breakfast. Mama would put out bowls of toppings - raisins, coconut, brown sugar, sesame seeds (or other nuts). And we got to build our own bowl of oatmeal. Entertainment and good food! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment